Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Back to Art



Hello everyone! This is just a quick update. Shining Star is one of my last folk art paintings, finished a couple of weeks ago. The second one, is still unfinished as I can't stand her face! so will have to redo it.
Tonight I finally got off my lazy butt and attempted to finish a background I am working on in one of my classes. I'm already behind in the lessons! (I'm taking Julie Prichard's Layer love to improve my backgrounds, and because it's fun!)

I just finished a coffee and the biggest biscotti you have ever seen, so I feel a bit sluggish. Darn those sugar cravings! I couldn't just have half, no, I went to the freezer and removed the other half. This is a short update because I am going to be walking my parent's beagle tonight, they are on vacation for 2 months, so I am the lucky one who gets a very energetic 8 month old puppy. Maybe I can burn off those calories, lol!

Thats it for now, I'm putting on my running shoes, and preparing to be dragged behind a super hyper dog, help!!

21 comments:

Marlene said...

She is very sweet!

Adrian said...

Shining Star is wonderful! Your art is inspiring and I have really enjoyed your blog posts. Thanks for your encouragement. This art thing does take a lot of time and inner courage, but like anything else that seems a mystery, the more you engage it, the friendlier it becomes.

Kelly said...

She is beautiful. I love the muted colours.

Jennifer Williams "Blueskysunburn" said...

Cute piece! I like the text for her hair. It's a great change up and gives a different feel to the painting.

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

She is lovely :)
Glad you're enjoying your workshop.
I'm with you-I have a mean sweet tooth too!

LostLuggage said...

What a beautiful painting!

Flor Larios Art said...

Sweet! Love her hair...very cool!

Bee said...

Beautiful! I love the earthy colours and her hair really stands out. Lovely.

Pam said...

What a beautiful painting!

LOL have fun with the puppy!

Renee said...

....as I can't stand her face! har har har that sounds a bit harsh. Picures have feelings you know.

Have a great weekend and have fun with the dog.

By the way, I love shining star.

Love you.

Renee xoxo

Renee said...

....as I can't stand her face! har har har that sounds a bit harsh. Picures have feelings you know.

Have a great weekend and have fun with the dog.

By the way, I love shining star.

Love you.

Renee xoxo

wyanne said...

She is wonderful! I love her hair! We used to have a Beagle. He was just as energetic at 13+ years, as he was as a puppy! They are like the energizer bunny!

Micah Holden said...

great painting! Lots of personality and I love the background colors and texture!

QueenBe said...

Betty thank you for the kind words you left at my blog, and words of support and encouragement. I need them for sure right now, and yes I feel hopefull that we will get to the bottom of this and it will be the "good" kind of JA, the kind they can outgrow ( I never knew it could be outgrown but our rheumatologist and things I have read online both confirm it CAN be outgrow). By the way, your background on this piece is wonderful... your blog looks appealing and enspiring. Thanks again, Carol

Renee said...

I still think it is funny when I read 'I can't stand her face.'

xoxoxo

Julie-ann said...

Hope your feeling more confident with your art today. You always make beautiful art. She certainly looks the mysterious type.
Thank you so much for coming over for a visit, lovely to hear from you.

Artistic Accents by Darla said...

I've got an award for you on my blog if you'd like to stop by :)
Darla

Sabii Wabii said...

I love the style of your work. Beautiful and marketable!

Pam said...

Betty,

Hope you've gotten the other paintings face how you like it...

I have given you a blog award...

http://alwaysartistic.blogspot.com/2009/06/premio-meme-award.html

~Pam

Sandy Michelle said...

I love the colors and especially the writing on her hair! I am presently craving something sinfully sweet :)

Sandy xoxo

Abi said...

Beautiful! I love your art work.