Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wanna see my hooters?


You naughty thing! I meant my owls, lol! Here are a couple of the ACEOs I've been working on, called my Holiday owls. They look better in person, but I give up, I can't seem to get good scans. So far I think I have done about 6 of them...and am working on some more penguins, and my little sugarbugs.
(For those asking, they are up on Ebay).

It feels nice to create something new, I was in a bit of a slump. Although I haven't made any angel or Christmas fairies yet, but they are coming soon. So are pendants once my supplies get in, yay!


Today a few of us went to see 'Disney's Christmas Carol' in 3-D which was great! You felt like you could reach out and touch Mr. Scrooge's face. They did an incredible job with the cinematography Some of the angles were clever. I especially enjoyed the scenes in the streets of London, I could almost pretend I was walking in Victorian England in the snow, with horse drawn carriages going by. I would recommend this to everyone, except small children.
They showed a preview of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland which comes out next March, and I can't wait! Johnny Depp is the Mad Hatter, and he looks fabulous! The best part is it is in 3-D as well!

I updated to the more advanced version of blogger, which
is supposed to make it easier to  for add photos, but I can't figure
out how to move them where I want them. If my page looks goofy, I apologize, I keep clicking and dragging, but they won't go where I
want. Until I press the 'publish' button, I won't know how it looks.

Last but not least, I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to my
American friends! May you all have a safe and happy holiday, filled with blessings.


19 comments:

Val's Dragonfly Whimsy said...

oh they are all gorgeous, especially the first one - love owls so much :D

Nicola said...

Lovely ACEO's!!! You had me laughing with that title, I must have a naughty mind tee hee!! I'm looking forward to seeing your pendants when your supplies come in, watch out it's very addictive!

A'isha said...

so sweet, i love owls....

Fotf said...

Ooohh i love your owls but then i am a bit of an owl freak. Are you going to be selling them on?

We're off to see A Christmas Carol in 3d tonight. I love Christmas films but that story isn't one of my favourites although my husband has several versions of it but it looks good and i love the new animated look so i think i'll enjoy it :)

Fotf said...

Oh Betty, tell me about it three blogs, seemed like a good idea at the time but i've been having a blogiday for the last couple of weeks. I thought what with Christmas coming i need time for other things and then kinda filled that slot up with a lovely group over at Paper Craft Planet. Haven't touched my felt for a few weeks, madness. I am a Christmas a holic too. Let you know re the film :)

Sueann said...

Fabulous!!! Each and every one of them! You got me on that title too! Naughty girl indeed!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Barb said...

What adorable little creatures!...I love your art...so pleased I found your blog...I will be back!

Poetic Artist said...

These are wonderful..And cute about your hooters..LOL>
Katelen

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow I love them all! Keep them coming I love to see what you come up with! I love owls too!

Glad you enjoyed the movie! I think Alice & Wonderland looks good too, I love Johnny Depp!

Anonymous said...

You are too funny Betty!
Love those hooters.. actually they are really sweet and the bugs too.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too and thanks for the visit!
Hugs, Darlene xo

Fotf said...

Morning Betty, A Christmas Carol in 3d was quite an experince and at times like being on a roller coaster and i don't do them lol. Must admit the 3d was the icing on the cake for me. Still don't rate the story as a whole but made much more impact than it would normally. Unfortuantely with a funeral this morning one or two bits hit home a we bit too much but worth a watch. Happy Thanksgiving :)

readingsully2 said...

LOL, Pink..you should have seen my face. Your owls are just adorable. I love them to death. Yes, I am looking forward to seeing your pendants too.

Glad you enjoyed the movie...:)

Renee said...

They look great Betty, I have to tell you I love your little bee girls.

xoxox

Dear Fireflies said...

Hey! Just stopping by to say that your collections on Etsy are gorgeous! Glad I found your blog...(^_^)

Jodi Ohl said...

You are so funny ;) your hooters are precious I must say...lol

I didn't know there is a new blogger version! I'll have to check it out. I always have a hard time moving pics around, too-so I use the html version when I want to do that cuz it's easier to cut and paste that way without having my computer go haywire!
Have fun with your new supplies when they come in!

The Charm House said...

I love your hooters! I just posted a post for an invitation with an owl on it. It will go up Tuesday! I also went to see the Christmas carol. Loved it and I can't wait to see Alice in Wonderland!
Yvette

Anonymous said...

Hi Betty, you know the dark clouds must be covering us all. Two days ago was the darkest day ever, like evening.
Hoping you get some sunshine and bright days soon so you can take your photos.
Love your new advatar, unsure whether I have said already? She does look so cute!
Do you now Amy Brown's fairy art?
Think it is Amy? Will have to go on a search and window shop at her art, Mmmmm!

Here's to a great day with lots of sunshine!

Hugz!

Julie

Mandala Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandala Michelle said...

Nice hooters.