Saturday, May 3, 2014

New mixed media painting

Hi friends. It's a rainy, dreary day here. Has been cold the last week or so. I wonder when my magnolia tree will wake up from it's long slumber? I can see buds starting, so that's a good sign, but everything else seems to be a few weeks behind, thanks to the insanely long winter we had!

 I finally finished this whimsical girl mixed media painting. The girl was no problem, but the background was such a pain! I swear I spent several hours playing around with it, and debated whether or not I should add text. Anyone who has seen my work knows I like to put words and quotes in them, for this one I kept it simple. I've got these cute butterfly embellishments that I really wanted to use, but since they create problems when you try to scan the painting, I opted to cut out my own butterflies from one of my punches. Those things are handy!
It's really hard to balance all the things we do in our daily lives like jobs, family obligations, online social media, workshops, etc...and then try to work on your own art. Glad I got this one done, now I'm debating if I want to do a mother's day painting, or work on one of the art classes I am very behind on....and yet I can't stop joining these classes, lol! I guess it's nice to be among like minded individuals, you know how art peeps just 'get' each other?
anyway I will keep this post short and sweet.
Stay creative and blessed!


3 comments:

Alexandra MacVean said...

Your mixed media painting is darling. Made me smile this morning. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Chicky ;o) Great to see you and your new art ;o) I have been checking out your store ;o) Everything around here is at least a month behind for blooming! We have a magnolia tree in our front yard. Nothing yet! And, the squirrels and birds are eating her buds! Poor girl! I don't want her to die!
Hugs; o)

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

Betty,

Your new page is beautiful! Love your girls.

Hope you get some nice weather soon! :)