Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What is going on in the world?!



Does anyone else feel overwhelmed with life? There is so much fear-mongering going on, you can't even pick up a paper without the front page screaming about the economy, the possible recession, about how pensioners have found themselves with no pension, and on and on. It just makes me sad to see how we are all on edge. It feels like there is no where to turn.

So what do we do? I suggest stop reading the newspapers! Yeah, the economy is crap right now, but terrorizing people daily makes them fearful, which in turn causes panic.

This is the time to connect with people you love, to spend more time with your friends, and hug your pets. Remember, this too shall pass. I will be making more paintings with inspirational sayings, to remind us to have hope. If you haven't discovered it yet, I highly recommend Hay House Radio, a 24 hour a day spiritual radio station....
(www.hayhouseradio.com ) I leave it on while I work on my art, and always feel so much more at peace...


Here are some simple ways to find a bit of peace in the midst of chaos. Hope something here resonates with you:

- Eat healthy, nutritious foods whenever possible (preferably locally grown). Get your family involved in the preparation of food. Your health is the most important thing to you, processed food is full of garbage that will slowly destroy your body!

-Take at least 10 minutes a day to just BREATHE. Take some deep breaths, close your eyes, and do nothing. Give yourself permission to just sit, and breath. Especially when feeling overwhelmed. You will find yourself feeling refreshed.

-Go for a walk. It doesn't have to be special, but start small, go around your neighborhood, just do anything that gets your body moving. Try to see everything as a miracle, and try to feel blessed just to be on this planet at this time. Don't forget to stretch your body, you want to stay flexible as you age. Look around amazon.com for books on health and fitness, I recommend for a start a book called 'You, staying young' by M. Roisen, and M. Oz. (from the Oprah Show)

-Go to the library, you can borrow books for free!! How wonderful that so much knowledge is housed in one place. I saw statistics once showing how few people ever step into a library, let alone read a book after they finish high school. I will blog about some of my favorites at another time.

-Throw your spare change in a jar every night. I can't remember where I got this idea (maybe Suze Orman). It's harder to spend a dollar than spare change, and you'd be surprised at how quickly it can grow. It's a good habit to get into. Oh, and RESPECT money.

I see how I can go on and on, so I will stop with one last point.

*Be gentle with yourself* We all make mistakes, and we are all doing the best we can with the knowledge we have. YOU are the most important person in your life. Throughout your life, it is your little self that is with you, and won't abandon you. Isn't it time you gave yourself a break, and started celebrating your greatness?

Never forget that you are loved, and are never alone.

2 comments:

Garlic said...

Just want to say that I miss seeing your face when I log on our site :-)

I know what you mean. It is hard to feel a sense of peace. You have really good suggestions. You really thought them out and they're real. I know for me I have to find a connection to myself and hold onto it when all else is chaos. I don't always do that and I am suffering for it when I don't. But taking the time to get quiet and remind myself of what's important -that helps me feel grounded. I'm into walking (2-3 hours a day) and yoga, and I'm a vegetarian, so health is a big thing for me. (I sound like a hippie.) I don't look anything like a hippie :-)

You were great to have on our blog. Post whenever you want to.

I love the word they are telling me to type for 'word verification.' It is HOUND. I'm typing hound and this will go on your page... Woof.

Jodi Ohl said...

Great points--I couldn't agree with you more. All the negative energy that's been blasted on the news morning, noon and night--in the papers--yada yada, it was and has been giving me migraines, body aches and stress beyond all stress. I had to turn it off to get rid of the chaos, too.

Love your fairy girl, your artwork always brings a smile to my face!