Friday, November 7, 2008

My Newest little Angel



I know I don't paint many blondes, but I hope to change this. I am so pleased with how this little girl turned out. She is the blonde version of a previous painting I did a few months ago, with a few changes of course...

I have been so busy painting mixed media girls on wood that I neglected just regular painting on canvas. I felt fearful, like I do before each painting, wondering if I will like the end result. Can you believe how intimidating a blank canvas is? One day I will show a work in progress, to show people the 'ugly' stages of a painting. There are many times I just want to give up, but make myself continue. Sometimes it works, like today, other times you end up with crap.

I have several unfinished canvases waiting to be worked on, including a new fairy tale painting to go with my series, and a Frida Halloween painting...from last year!
Oh, if we could only have a few more hours in a day!!! So many paintings, so little time.

5 comments:

Zom said...

Yeah, it isn't just the white canvas that is intimidating. When it is going well, I often am scared I will mess it up. When it is going badly I am afraid I won't be able to make it better.
Still, nothing is better to do!

Zom said...

I like her expression.

Annabelle said...

I totally agree with you....when I look at a canvas or wood I completely get the jitters.I still haven't finished my gothic window girl, too busy with everything else,hopefully soon thou.
Your painting turned out lovely and the blonde hair just seems to make them more angelic...I also luv Spooky.
P.s.
Glad you liked my Poppy Day post.

Hugs Annabelle

Garlic said...

I like the cat with wings on this one. Nice little addition.

Kathy said...

Your blond is beautiful, as is that little puppy!!!!
Hi there~
I wanted to come by and thank your for visiting my blog and wishing me a Happy day! Thanks for entering my giveaway and I do hope to visit with you soon.
~xx~
Kathy