Thursday, October 29, 2009



Hi Fellow bloggers!
Thank goodness you can't see me... I'm in my fuzzy pyjamas, drinking coffee and watching the Vampire Diaries. I have a face mask on ( imagine making a batch of oatmeal mix for muffins, then smooshing it on your face, lol! then you will know how it looks and smells, ah, but it leaves your skin soft).

Work has been crazy busy! Some co-workers are off sick, so it's been hectic. I've been washing my hands until they're raw, so many people are walking around sick. I will not get the H1N1 vaccine though, there is way too much controversy over it. I will be taking my vitamin D, and C, and have a supply of Oregano oil just in case. Let's see if I can avoid this flu naturally.
I know some of you have caught it already, please take care of yourselves, and do whatever you can to make yourself more comfortable until it passes.

artwise, I've mostly worked on journal pages. I'm taking Kelly Kilmer's Prompt a Day class with hopes of being more comfortable with art journaling. I love it! I will show some pages a bit later.
I've started working on some ACEOs too, the girl below is one of them, and they are done on vintage book pages.

Are you all looking forward to Halloween? I bought a few packages of chocolates and chips to give out to the kids, unfortunately, I've opened the packages and have been snacking away on them - oops! So I will have to pick up some more tomorrow. Darn snacks, they are my weakness.
Have a safe and fun Halloween everyone! and don't be sneaking your kid's candy when they're not looking, lol!

9 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like you had a very relaxing and fun day! Your butterfly gal is wonderful and I really like the witch girl (top photo) too!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Beautiful art, as always! Hope you can stay free of illnesses.

Fotf said...

Hi there, just curious what the oil does that you mentioned. Love your witch. Happy Halloween :)

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Gorgeous paitnings! Love that sassy witch. :)

Renee said...

Oh Betty, I love Kelly, I have never taken a class but just her personality, she is fantastic.

I can't wait to see what you are doing there.

The art looks great.

xoxox

Renee said...

Thanks for thinking of me doll.

I thought of it once upon a time, and I know there is no time like the present, but seriously, I am just running like a chicken with my head cut off.

Like last night as soon as Wahid got home with the car, I ran to my Moms, stayed for a few hours then ran to Jacquie's, etc...

Love Renee xoxo

Sueann said...

The "Butterfly Girl" is wonderful!! I am glad I am tucked safe and sound in my studio and don't have to go out and work. Too many sick people. I even wash down the grocery carts!! Are we all getting paranoid or what? LOL!
Hugs
SueAnn

Alexandra MacVean said...

OH...I absolutely LOVE her! :) Thanks for visiting my blog and following me. WELCOME...to the Manor!

Fotf said...

Thanks for stopping by Betty and sharing that with me. I am very interested in natural alternatives. I imagine you could put the oil in a burner and then it might stop the bugs in their tracks within your home. Worth investigating i think :)