Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How about some puppy love?


Here is my latest. I love her! and once I get to the fabric store and buy some organza ribbon to hang her, she will be in my shabby chic living room. I wish I'd taken some pictures as I was working, just so you can all see the ugly phase before the girl started to emerge. I had such a hard time at first, the hair was originally going to be white, but I couldn't make the shading look good, it looked gray and dull.
I was only going to use pinks and white, but I added this very pretty spring green, and it just worked.
I finally managed to get a few prints listed in my Etsy shop as well. I've never been a big fan of them for myself, I prefer original art, but it seems like most people prefer prints. Probably because I'm too lazy to frame anything :-D
Good thing most people aren't like me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

love.

Midnitecreations - Renu said...

She turned out beautiful. Love that pink hair

Jennifer Williams said...

This turned out so pretty! I love the pink hair and the green adds a nice touch to it.

Valerie said...

She is so, so cute!!

Unknown said...

Awww thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog! I just love your paintings! Good choice with adding the green. Green and pink look awesome together- even in a little girl's room!

Hugs!
Sandy

Thelma-Art said...

She is lovely and chic.
Great!

Anonymous said...

You have been given a Kreativ blog award. Please visit my blog to recieve it. Thank you for sharing your beautiful art.

Ann said...

Oh. My. Word. She is beautiful!