Saturday, January 3, 2009

Follow your Inner voice


I wanted to show one of my newer mixed media pieces. This painting is called 'Listen'. I created it to remind us all, to listen to our inner voice. Why is it that we sometimes know the answer, but instead, we keep silent, because it is easier to just go along? I watched a friend get taken advantage of, and it got me thinking about this. She knew what her intuition was telling her, but did not say anything until it was too late. She was afraid of being called 'fickle' for changing her mind.

I am guilty myself. It's like I want to please people, and be agreeable. I wish I could be like those women who can stand up for themselves. I am working on it, but time after time, I kick myself afterward, and think, why on earth did I not say something, or why did I let that salesperson talk me into something I didn't want. This fear of being disagreeable has cost me lots of money in the past, and has affected how I see myself. Needless to say, this is one of my New Year's
resolutions :-)

On a more positive note, I have finished the commission I had to get done for a little girls' birthday. This painting is called 'Princess Sophie' and I sure hope the mother who commissioned it is happy. I always stress out in these cases.
I have 2 more paintings I finished recently, which I will post later in the week. I will say that they are probably my favorite ones so far :-D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiii- so gorgeous!!!

Jennifer Williams said...

Fantastic work on both pieces. Your "Listen" piece is absolutely beautiful! I dig the way you painted her face and the background colors are so rich!

Kims Art said...

I think the mother will be very happy with her purchase! The New Year does have a way of making us reflect on what and how we do things.

Pam said...

Gorgeous Paintings! I love your work!

Midnitecreations - Renu said...

Your pretty girls are gorgeous! I love the "listen" piece. (p.s. I hopped over from Jennifer - trial and error blog)