Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lets try that again...






Don't you just love the beginning of the year? So much possibility, so much potential. If you failed to reach your goals, it's like you have a fresh start to try again. One of my resolutions (although I don't like that word) is to be more organized. I am tired of being pulled in many directions. For Christmas, I received a whiteboard, and a large wall calendar. The whiteboard is on my fridge, where I write what needs to be done, and cross it off when complete.

I plan to begin to read a chapter of a book called 'Simple Abundance' by
Sarah Ban Breathnach. I remember starting this book many years ago when I first bought it and got 3 months in before laziness set in. I am already a few days late, but that is ok. I will start tonight.

Another habit I let slide was writing every evening in my gratitude journal. I have several books I have filled over the years, but the last couple of years I just stopped. It's not like I didn't feel gratitude, I mentally gave thanks during the day and before bed, I just stopped writing it in the book. Tonight I will promise myself to get back on track. Baby steps, that's all...

Art journaling is another discipline I would like to try. I am inspired by many artists who are taking the challenge to do a journal page a day. I cannot commit to this, but I can certainly try one page a week. I even signed up for class with Paulette Insall.
All of this is with the hopes of becoming more authentic, and having the best year ever.

What are you committing to for 2009?

9 comments:

Lily Young Art said...

Happy New Year and best wishes!

Unknown said...

Happy new year....I'm late too.

Hey, you got the backround to work! YAY! Looks lovely.
Thanks for poppin in on my ACEO piece, I agree...my wish list of ACEOs is very long. You're on there at LEAST twice! (Hooray for the amazon universal wish list!)

As for the bee ACEO...no. I WISH that one was in my collection! It's a bit out of my price range, but I'm totally in love with it!

Susan Tuttle said...

Great resolutions! I resolve to love fully, live joyfully, embrace miracles and indulge in gorgeous music and films.

Melissa Valeriote said...

Sounds like you're off to a good start with lots of great life adjustments! Thanks for stopping by today. Not sure what's going on with the "Follow" link. I'll be sure to check it out.

Joy (a.k.a. The Monkey) said...

I wish I had time to journal! Kudos to you!

AwtemNymf said...

I just found you thru another blog. You're artwork is sweet! I love the faces!
Happy Creating! I enjoyed my visit!
Hugs & FAerie Dust!
~A~

Jodi Ohl said...

Pink dear--the admiration is mutual, I love your ladies you are so very talented deary!! It's hard to imagine you not organized and efficient, you always have such energy and charisma, just like your paintings!

Great aspirations for the new year (I have many of the same myself), here's hoping that our dreams come true in 2009 and beyond!
(Ohhh and I read S.A. when I was going through a relationship break up and it really helped me find ME again! You'll like it I think!

Valerie said...

Happy new year and all the best with your committments for 2009! You have a lovely blog! I shall be doing all I can to develop creatively, create more things, continue blogging and so much more!

Gail Lackey said...

Hey there..thanks for stopping by my dark little blog! I LOVE your art work! So enchanting!!
Happy hauntings, Gail