Monday, January 12, 2009

More artwork


What kind of an artist paints something, then decides she can't sell it? ME! Each one I do I say is my favorite, and I don't want to part with it. I just put this butterfly mixed media painting up in my Etsy shop, after holding onto it for a few months. The other 2 of the series sold, and it reminds me that I need to do another one. I was hoping to do a dozen buttefly paintings, but got sidetracked with other work. Soon...

I have to say I love painting mixed media girls, each one has their own personality. I am happy to have picked up another commission painting, and this should be fun! It will be a challenge though, because this isn't a typical girl I will be painting. She is a bit on the goth side, wild and beautiful, so I hope I can bring this out in the art.

Hopefully within the week I will be able to have some prints of my little girls in my shop.

2 comments:

NANCY LEFKO said...

did you say you were a beginner ?? no way ! your art is so beautiful, deep and rich....this butterfly piece is extraordinary, I can see why you don't want to part with it !!

Lily Young Art said...

I like the word fly free :)