Sunday, September 13, 2009

Kids that creep


I am already thinking of Halloween, thanks to some of the blogs I follow. It's all your fault, haha!
This creepy little girl painting took me many, many hours to do. It looks like it would be so simple, but it wasn't. I wanted it to look very primitive, and shabby, and it went through many changes until I was pleased. I tried using the one step crackle, which was crap! I don't know if maybe my bottle is bad, but I have used it in a few paintings, and I can't see any crackle. I ended up using the Tim Holtz Crackle paste, which I love.
Anyway, I am not giving up so easily, so you can expect more creepy kids (oh sure, I can say that now, but if another one takes me this long, who knows, lol!).

This next painting I took to work to show a friend, and someone snapped her right up. I have mixed feelings about selling my originals, especially when I just finished and haven't had a chance to enjoy them yet. On the other hand, it is going to someone who loves it, and getting paid for something I love to do is a bonus, lol!


Last week I took part in a 'flash mob'. I work at a University, and my workplace was doing it and looking for volunteers. It sounded fun so I signed up. If you have not heard of a flash mob, it is when a bunch of people freeze in place. You may have seen this popular video on Youtube of the one that took place at Grand Central Station. We had to freeze in place while reading a book, to promote the library, and it was funny to hear the students reactions.

Ok, back to work...I am painting a witch portrait :-)

10 comments:

Marlene said...

I love both of those, that kid is not creepy she is very cute. Sounds like you work at a very fun place. I would love to have seen it in person.

Poetic Artist said...

I love these and I love that you have fun at work..

Anonymous said...

They are both fabulous!

queen-of-nostalgia said...

very cool! Love it! :)

Sueann said...

Love your pieces! Creepy girl is so cute!! I love Tim Holtz's crackle medium as well. It definitely works!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow I love these both! Can't wait to see more creepy kids they're so cute! Wow Congrats on your sale!

Michele said...

If you came to my work with your paintings, I'd snatch them right up too! So jealous I am. I just love both the paintings and I can't wait to see more of the creepy girls. The Halloween bug has hit me too big time.

I know what you mean about selling your originals though, I haven't tried to sell anything yet, but if something ever does get sold, I know I would miss it. It's hard to give them up, even if you get paid for it. Lol!

BLUEYEDUCKstudios said...

oh poo on bad-bottles! - 'one step crackle' works for me - (like on my current dominoes) ... but I sure wouldl likek to find Tim H's paste... groovy :)

LOVE the creepy kid - she is darling!!!!!! YAY O rama

and...Miss Pink, there will be at least TWO more separate give aways on my blog that I can think of in the near-ish future... another domino AND some of my wacky greeting cards :) woot - stay tuned dahlink ;)

katey xx

Unknown said...

I love how your Halloween painting turned out!! I can see why you sold the other painting right away! It must have been so fun to participate in flash mob!!

Sandy xox

readingsully2 said...

Your work is just wonderful as usual.