Sunday, September 20, 2009

Witch's starry night


Hello friends! As promised here is my first witch of the season. She is part of my series of winking girls, with very big hair. I can't believe I haven't yet thought up a name for this series! I was thinking of 'winking divas' or 'party girl's but neither sounds right.
I have a few more planned before I finish. Coming up is a Christmas fairy, and an ice princess. I can't wait to work on them!

This weekend I had such grand ideas about all the work I would accomplish. Well, let me tell you, what a waste of time! I couldn't manage a single painting! First of all, I started work on my second creepy kids painting, and it's just not working out like I planned. I think I may paint over the whole thing...and if that weren't bad enough, I wanted to do this week's challenge over at Melange Team. The topic is 'wee witches' and I thought, no problem! You should see the disaster I came up with!
It is so frustrating, since time is so valuable, that you want to make good use of it.

Ok, I decided to include a picture of the two paintings I was working on, even if I am embarrassed by them, hahah! I think it is good to show people that not everything you do as an artist works out. Sorry for the bad photo, but it is evening, so I had to photograph them on my kitchen floor. Believe me, daylight wouldn't make them look any better. So, what do you all think? Should I try and save them, or start over again?
(I can't believe I am showing you this, lol!).



Ok, before I forget, my birthday is coming up the end of this month, and I am doing a giveaway. Haven't decided on the prizes yet, so stay tuned, I should have details shortly.

12 comments:

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Ooh, I like the name "Winking Divas" for your series title. She is fabulous! Love her hair! I think your creepy kids paintings are adorable. Thanks for your sweet visit! I really appreciate your comment on our collaboration painting. Can't wait for your birthday giveaway! Have a great week!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Dr. Denise Tucker said...

I vote for "Winking Divas" too! I love her.

Found your blog on the 2009 One World One Heart Giveaway list. I'm "Bon Blogging", a self-guided search through the OWOH list of 911 blogs in 90 days--inspired by watching the Julia/Julie movie. Come visit my blog
www.thehousemysteries.typepad.com.
I write mysteries and make jewelry.
My mystery features a Madame President and is available on Amazon.

Marlene said...

I also love the "Winking Divas" so appropriate. Your paintings are not bad at all, actually they are cute. I know though in the end you will do what you want with them because your biggest critic is yourself. Don't forget to visit my blog today.

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

I'm in for 'Winking Divas' too! She's lovely!
Don't you dare toss the creepy kids! They look pretty good from here :-D and if you don't like them, put them aside until you figure out what you want to change about them.

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Betty - I love Winking Divas too! But I know you have to be happy with your title! Your Witch is beautiful! Your creepy kids do not look bad to me, maybe! They are both really cute! I would stick with them!

Michele said...

I too like winking divas! And I love your witch, she is just adorable, well the whole series is actually. :)

The 2 paintings at the end are fine. I think I would keep them, and let them sit, and see if you have any ideas for them later.

That's what I do when I create a "disaster". often I find when I revisit them they aren't nearly as bad as I first thought. Of course, usually I'm the only one, who thinks they are that terrible in the first place. It's hard not to criticize ourselves huh?

Good luck!

Poetic Artist said...

Such a cute little witch..She must be a good witch..LOL..

Anonymous said...

Mmmm? Dream girls. Divaluscious. Dream Diva's. Show girls. Dreamer diva's. LOl!
Thank you for your lovely message.
Over two years ago a dentist pushed my jaw to far while extracting an horizontal wisdom tooth and tore my face muscles and have arthritis in my jaw joint due to damage here also. Been a long recovery. Not back to full before, but oh so very pleased about tiling. This is certainly a break through! I am loving making the hall way looked loved!
Hope you find a good name for your girls! They are awesome. The the two pieces of art your working on are adorable. Will certainly look forward to seeing these finished.

Mandala Michelle said...

I don't think I'd be embarassed by any of your work BUT I do understand. I have a painting right now that may go in the trash!

Sueann said...

Love your big-haired witch...she is wonderful! As for your pieces you are not fond of...hang on to them and work on them later with fresh eyes. They are worth saving!!
Hugs
SueAnn

readingsully2 said...

Another winner. :)

ChiĆ¹ said...

my English is not good but I wanted to tell you that your works are very beautiful .. compliments .. I hope to see others as soon as possible! ^ _ ^ bye if you go on my time again.