Monday, September 28, 2009

Wee witches and windy days


Better late than never. I painted this 'wee witch' for the Melange Challenge, but I missed the deadline :-(

Today was one of those days when you just want to stay in, lie on the couch with a cozy blanket and cup of coffee, and watch episodes of Everybody loves Raymond. At least I do :-)
It was windy, dark and stormy. The sky was an eerie shade of black and grey, and as I write I can hear the wind howling through my window. Fall is definitely here, and I love it!
I started the day with my favorite breakfast which I can only make when I don't have to work. It is a healthy french toast and I will share the recipe with you. I can't remember where the original recipe came from, but I may have modified it..this is how I make 1 serving:

Healthy French Toast
First get your sauce ready...in a small saucepan add some frozen blueberries, raspberries, and half a teaspoon of honey. I add a spoon or so of water...cook them under medium/low heat until the berries are fully thawed and the mix is bubbling. Set aside.

Add some butter to your frying pan, and melt over medium heat.

In a shallow bowl beat 1 egg, add a bit of soy milk (or almond milk) cinnamon, and some powdered cocoa or chocolate if you have it. Add 1 tablespoon of ground organic flax seeds (very healthy for you, and easily found in health food stores).
Dip 2 slices of whole grain bread in the egg mix. Cook in your pan until ready. Place your french toast on a pretty plate, cover it with your berry sauce. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and more ground flax if desired. Enjoy with a big mug of coffee.

Don't forget that my birthday giveaway is tomorrow, so if anyone is interested in winning a shabby girl painting, here is the post to comment on : here

Lastly, I have been messing around with my blog background, so if anyone has trouble with it, please let me know.
Have a great day folks :-)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your feeling better today.
Love your wee witch by the way, she is so cute! Even if you missed the dead line, she is still so worth being created!

Oh did you know that rain is created first by a piece of dust floating up into the atmosphere and as it rises collects water on its way up, until it is heavy enough to fall back as rain. This must be why the rain clouds look grey?
Next time you see a grey cloud think of all the dusty particals,lol!
Isn't it cool!
Happy creating your fabulous girls!

Mandala Michelle said...

Is she a good witch or a bad witch?! Definately a cute witch! I've been seeing so many cute witchy-poos on blogs that I've just got to go make my own! Our weather is cold and grey, perfect for creating : )

Renee said...

Happy Birthday dear friend.

Love Renee xoxo

Unknown said...

It's getting really cold here so I am already feeling like hybernationg myself! I love your witch piece :0) :)

Sandy xox

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

She and her kitty are wonderful! I'd love a spell for a nickel :-D

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Your wee witch is beautiful, sorry you missed the deadline!

Your background looks great!

missysue said...

oh, i love witches and this one is wonderful!! love your art!!!!

love + luck + bliss,
missysue xox

Renee said...

Sweet Betty know that I adore you too and will support you in any way that you need me too.

Love Renee oxoxoxo

Maris Modesto said...

I can just picture this heavenly french toast in my mind as I was reading. Even if it had a lot of ingredients compared to the traditional recipe I know, it sure makes it more delectable and ironically healthier because you used healthy ingredients! Before at wonderful works of art, I would make some of these for myself. Then I would sit down and try to relieve the usual sadness I feel after ordering my monthly med supplies at www.OrderDrugs.ca.by gorging on this as I amuse myself with some pretty paintings.

readingsully2 said...

This little witch is adorable too. :)