Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Illustration Friday - Magnify


Adriana pleaded with her mom not to leave her alone on her first day of school. Having moved to a foreign country where she didn't speak the language magnified her fear.
I hope this isn't a stretch for this week's Illustration Friday word. I originally set out to draw something in my journal for back to school, and thought, hey, this might work! I remembered my own first day of school, and yes, I was thrown into a school where I couldn't speak English, so I totally relate to this little characters fear, lol!

12 comments:

Vhrsti said...

Very nice! You always create your girls and women wonderfully!

thedoodlegirl said...

Oh wow! That would be so scary to not know the language. Such a beautiful illustration. Great textures and colors.

sandygrafik said...

Lovely work, your dolls are so beautiful! ♥ ♥ ♥

Anonymous said...

They are both so cute!

Valerie said...

Beautiful work and how poignant!

readingsully2 said...

Love this piece, Pink.

Poetic Artist said...

So true and your painting puts it to life.. Fear of being let with strangers that you can not understand.

Nicola said...

I think this is great entry! I can relate to this too. I emmigrated to other side of the world when I was 15 and that first day of high school was terrifying even though I spoke the same language my accent was very strange to them. I love your style such colourful art!!! Great work!

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Wow I love it! So Cool!

Unknown said...

Aw, they are so sweet! Very nice job with Magnify!

*and THANK YOU for your super sweet encouragement on my blog! It is so nice to have supportive blog friends!!

~ Marisa

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

So precious! Great entry for "Magnify". I can imagine it being very scary to not know the language. Thanks so much for your sweet visit! I really appreciate your lovely comment! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Shirley said...

Beautiful piece!!