Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hey, chill out!

                        Have yourself a Whimsical little Christmas

hi friends, first I thought I'd show you some Christmas eye candy. I made a treasury on Etsy for the young at heart. I love everything here! If you want a closer look at these talented artists click here to go to the treasury.
It's made up of cute and whimsical stuff to give as gifts, or keep for yourself, lol!

Well, we are in the first week of December, and before you know it, Christmas will be here, and then the New Year. I can't say I have accomplished what I wanted to this year, but isn't that belief pretty typical? We rarely think we have done enough. Must be the society we live in that keeps telling us to do more, be more, have more, buy more, no wonder so many people are stressed around this time of year.  I think we can all use a little break from the insanity.

A helpful tip is to take at least 15 minutes each day, to just sit, breathe, and recharge yourself.  Take slow, deep breaths, and concentrate on your breathing. On the inhale when your lungs are filled, hold your breath for a few seconds, then exhale. Your mind will wander but stick with it. After each exhale, feel your body sinking deeper into your chair. Keep your eyes closed, unclench your jaw, and soften your facial muscles.
After a few moments, you will realize that the chatter in your mind has slowed down, and you feel so good. Continue as long as you desire, and when you open your eyes, you may find yourself smiling and at peace.

Give it a try, and let me know what you think.  In fact, if you are sitting on your computer reading this, what a perfect time to take a few moments  and see if it's true, or if I am full of crap.
And don't say you can't spare 15 minutes for yourself.
YOU are the most important person in your life, and don't you forget it :-)

love ya!

12 comments:

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

Nothing like a few cleansing breathes to calm us down. :)You are right. It can get "nuts" this time of year!

Micki Wilde said...

I'm going to say thank you again for adding me to your lovely treasury, you are too kind :)

Also thank you for reminding me that one of my goals for next year is to try and start doing yoga again, I used to be a hatha yoga teacher before my daughter was born and haven't done any at all since then (she is now 7) it is going to be one huge (and that is just my backside ;) struggle getting back into it but I must try!!

Hugs

Micki x

Sueann said...

Breathe in...breathe out!!! Ahhhhh!!! You are so right! Important to keep everything in prospective!!!
Thanks
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

It is definitely our society, but I think it's important even to have changes of heart during a year. Sometimes mental accomplishments are harder than the physical ones!

Lee Pierce said...

Thank you for putting my little elves in your Oh So Christmassy Treasury :D

I appreciate the reminder to take a few minutes and recharge. Great Idea!

I think you are more full of sparkly stuff...

Pam of Always Artistic said...

Beautiful treasury!

Great post, taking time for ourselves is a great idea!

readingsully2 said...

Thanks for including my owl in your gorgeous Treasury. And thanks for reminded to slow down and enjoy the moment.

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Very cool treasury! There are so many pretty things there. Thanks for the little relaxation tip...I should could use it. :) Theresa

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Betty ;o) Love the treasury! Thanks for including me ;o) I do that breathing excersize everyday and I love it! It makes the world of difference! Hugs!

Lauren said...

Lovely treasury! Thank you for the reminder to slow down and breathe:) I love doing yoga and breathing exercises, I can definitely tell the difference when I don't do it! ~Lauren

Rosemary said...

Like the idea of taking a few moments for myself, now taking a deep breathe.

Unknown said...

We have the same taste in etsy favs!