Monday, September 24, 2012

An early Halloween painting

hi friends, I'm making an effort to be more consistent with blogging, we shall see how it goes, lol!
As I write, the winds are howling outside my window, and it gets dark much earlier. .My favorite time of year!
Makes me want to drink coffee all day long, And I just noticed on the calendar that our Thanksgiving is on Oct 8th??? WHAT? that's pretty early, normally it's mid October. Oh well, that means I get to enjoy pumpkin pie earlier, and there's nothing wrong with that :-)

I finished 2 Halloween paintings on the weekend, including the one above. I like the other one too, but the scan is crappy so I don't want to show it until I can figure out why my computer doesn't like my camera's memory thingy. It's very liberating to paint looser than I am used to. I love folk art, but normally am too controlling...this time I let things get messy. Hey! what the heck is that 3-eyed thing doing at the bottom of my painting???
just kidding, it's a sticker, lol! I love stickers, and other fun embellishments, they add an extra bit of whimsy to your art. You can't tell, but there are lots of various papers underneath. Normally I do lots of layering before I paint the main image, but I think I overdid the paint bit, because you can't really see the papers anymore. Next time, I will make sure I add some acrylic glazing liquid to the paint, to make it more sheer, so that you can see the backgrounds. So the viewer may not see all the layering, but the artist knows it's there, and that makes me happy :-)

That's it for now, I'm going to watch the Voice, one of my favorite tv shows. Hope you are all doing well.
thanks for reading.


9 comments:

Rosemary said...

Pink Love the new painting.. even the 3 eyed thing at the bottom

Lee Pierce said...

Cute - cute - cute! Glad you're back :D

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

LOVE! UBER CUTENESS! Happy Halloween!

ArtSings1946 said...

Oh, love this and I'm on my way to pin it.

Happiness always,
Jan

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

Betty - She turned out beautiful. So nice to see you creating art again!

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey my friend ;o) So happy to see you back! I have missed you! Love the new art! A+++ Isn't it crazy how early our Thanksgiving is? Big Hugs ;o)

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Love the painting and glad you're back to do some more blogging!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

That is the cutest thing. :) Adorable!

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful to see your halloween painting. i think it is time i give one a go too. thank you for stopping by, so nice to hear from you. Wishing you a wonderful thanksgiving and yummy pie.