Monday, March 26, 2012

New art, and some skywatching


Well I finally got some new art up, after taking a few weeks off to mostly play around with techniques and stuff.  The above is on a wood panel, and looks much better than the crappy scan. You know when you get something in your head, and try to recreate it? doesn't always work out as you imagined. I was hoping to give her a more circusy feel, so not sure if I accomplished that. I defintely like the plain wood background though.
Anyway, the real reason for the post was to let you  know to look outside quickly, lol!
There is a lovely show between the crescent moon, the planet Venus and Jupiter. I'd caught the tale end of some stargazing discussion on the tv, about the moon and venus, and never thought about it again until I hopped in my car to head to Michaels, and upon looking up at the sky, saw the most lovely spectacular scene. The crescent moon is just above the very bright Venus, and until I checked online, didn't realize this is something we won't see for a long time.

Here is a nice description of what's happening:   http://www.space.com/15047-venus-jupiter-moon-skywatching-tips.html.

I've been wondering the last few weeks what the  2 stars were that I could see very brightly over my house, and now I know :-).  So if you see this post on time, run to your window, lol!

that's all I got for today, thanks for reading!

11 comments:

Cameron said...

I've noticed those gorgeous night skies, too.....spectacular, for sure!

....and this new girl, Betty, she is just beautiful!!! LOVE HER!!!

Micki Wilde said...

OOh she's wonderful, love her!!

I am so glad someone told me about the sky, hubby called me out to look at the moon and what we thought were 2 bright stars the other night....now we know what it really is....cool...Thanks Betty!!!!

X

audrey said...

Hi Pink.
Love your latest creation.
Thanks for the star info. I've noticed those two bright stars ~ even told my husband that I had never noticed them before which was puzzling to me because they were SO bright. Now I know. I love watching the sky ~ mysterious and sometimes almost frightening.
Have a happy week, Pink!
♥ audrey

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Your new art is quite lovely!!! :) I can see the wood grain in the scan - not to worry. :) I had heard about the night sky happenings but haven't had time to take a peek. Hopefully, it's still going on tomorrow night. :)

Magic Love Crow said...

Betty, I was looking at the sky last night and was wondering what was going on. Thanks for telling me ;o) Your new art piece is beautiful! Big Hugs ;o)

Pam of alwaysartistic said...

Your new piece is just beautiful! How cool, glad you could see them!

ArtSings1946 said...

I just love this ... I do so love your art and enjoy your blog so very much. Thanks for the moon update !

Hugs and Happiness to all.

Kim Vanlandingham said...

Cool sky update! Lovethe painting!

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is absolutely adorable! I love her Betty. Hugs, Mina

Maggie said...

I caught the show in the sky last month. I think that I saw THREE stars lined up with the moon.

I love this new girl.

qifei2012 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.